This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our Affiliate Disclosure for more information.
This is another of my mom’s delicious, easy recipes. I really like to make quiches – they are so easy to make, yet people tend to think quiches are an impressive and difficult dish. This Mexican quiche recipe is my favorite because it’s so unique. I think just about everyone loves bacon, and, while I don’t usually think to add chiles to my food, I always love their zesty, tangy taste. I use my mom’s pie crust recipe, but you can use pre-made pie crust or a mix if you prefer. Don’t worry if you don’t like peppers – these tangy chiles are super mild and don’t add heat to this dish.
Here are the links to the ingredients I use in this quiche:
Marilyn’s Super Simple Tender + Flaky Pie Crust Recipe
Chopped Green Chiles
Sliced Slab Bacon (only available at Weis Markets in the Mid Atlantic region – any bacon is fine, I just like this brand a lot)
Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese
- 1 Marilyn's Simple Pie Crust Shell
- 1 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 8 slices bacon, diced, cooked until crispy, and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Roll out pie crust, and place disk in 9 inch deep pie plate.*
- Preheat oven and cookie sheet to 425 degrees.
- Drain chiles in a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine chiles with bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese in bottom of pie crust.
- Add chiles and bacon on top of cheese.
- Beat the eggs, then add cream, salt, and nutmeg.
- Carefully pour mixture into pie plate. Be careful - the pie plate will be very full, but shouldn't spill over the sides.
- Place the pie plate on the cookie sheet in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees, and bake an additional 50 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- *You can use pre-made pie crust or a pie crust mix if you prefer.
I hope you try this super simple, unique recipe – it’s so easy and delicious. What do you think of this Zesty Mexican Quiche? If you try this quiche recipe, let me know how it goes!